Municipal Butchery

The municipal butchery was an important service for the population’s public supply, which existence dates back before 1599 and which city council had the responsibility of fixing, in an open meeting, the price of the meat sold to the public.

Currently, it is possible to observe the window stones of the municipal butchery in the Municipal Auditorium’s building (upper entry to the library).

Address
Avenida da Conceição
Velas